Betsy Carter Memorial Award
Call for Nominations: CCLM’s Betsy Carter Memorial Award for Mathematics Leadership
Dear Connecticut Council of Leaders of Mathematics (CCLM) members,
We are announcing a call for nominations for the Betsy Carter Memorial Award for Mathematics Leadership. You must be a member of CCLM to have your nomination considered.
The Betsy Carter Memorial Award for Mathematics Leadership is presented annually at the Connecticut Council of Leaders of Mathematics (CCLM) spring event. The recipient must reflect the spirit of Betsy Carter, exhibiting outstanding leadership and contributions to mathematics education community in the state of Connecticut. The recipient must exemplify similar characteristics that Betsy demonstrated as an outstanding mathematics educator and leader. While it is not possible to capture the spirit of Betsy Carter, the following are examples of her contributions to the mathematics education community:
* Outstanding mathematics educator who epitomizes the meaning of lifelong learning and a growth mindset
* A passionate and compassionate leader and advocate for excellence in mathematics education across the state of Connecticut
* Mathematics curriculum leader and author of instructional materials
* Leadership roles in ATOMIC, CCLM, and PIMMS
* Consultant for the State Dept. of Education
Past Recipients of the Betsy Carter Memorial Award for Mathematics Leadership:
2018 Maria Diamantis
2017 Charlene Tate-Nichols
2016 Mari Muri
Please consider nominating an outstanding Connecticut mathematics leader.
Nominations should include your name and contact information (in case we have follow-up questions), the name of the person you are nominating, and an explanation of how the nominee
* has made a significant contribution to math education in the state of CT;
* has demonstrated exemplary leadership in the area of math education in CT; and
* reflects the spirit of Betsy Carter.
Use the link below to make a nomination:
Nominations will be accepted until February 1, 2019.